Wednesday, December 14, 2005

mari! mari!mariiiiii! mari tengok Pesta

went to the Pesta with mrs. Webster on Monday night. That was the first time after many many many years. never knew why it took me so long to do a revisit. I’ve been living in bayan baru area for close to 10 years but never seem to be in the mood to go. So, the story goes that the in-laws were planning to go and see the Chinese acrobat thingy and since I am conveniently located in lip sin area, it just makes perfect sense to tag along.
Anyway, the stalls looks more like a high end pasar malam to me, but then again I am not sure of what to expect in a real pesta anyway. Lots of pasar malam – ish things on display with the addition of some stalls from across the borders. There’s stalls from Thai, Indonesia , but for the life of me, cannot find one from singapura (not that I was looking anyway).
Then there’s the rides, got roller coaster (yeah right!), got ferris wheel, got bumper cars and various contraptions that will fling your balls all around the place. Wah lau eh, so many rides, I wonder if got scrambled eggs incidents or not. …. “Ladies and gents welcome to ride Challenger. We will be taking off shortly so please make sure that your seats are adjusted to the upright position, wear your seat belts and make sure papayas or chest nuts are tucked away properly.”
So overall pesta is ok lah. i will definite come back again the next 20 years to mark my next attendance.